A survey found that 78% of plan sponsors were aiming to increase employee engagement in 2017. Fifty-one percent intended to help participants understand their retirement savings needs and implement stratgies for reaching their goals.1 How can they capture the attention of participants and help make a distant retirement more tangible?
Help Employers Engage Participants with Three Intriguing Questions
MIT AgeLab has identified three questions you or your plan-sponsor clients should ask plan participants to assess how prepared they are to live well in retirement:
- Who will change my light bulbs?
- How will I get an ice cream cone?
- Who will I have lunch with?
What do these questions have to do with retirement planning? A lot more than you might think. They actually uncover important factors about aging in place, staying mobile, and maintaining a strong social network in retirement. These factors can serve as a starting point for planning a satisfying retirement.
- How MIT AgeLab's 3 questions relate to plan participants' retirement
- Why the 3 questions engage participants so effectively
- How to use advisor and participant worksheets to implement The Quality of Life insights
This fun, three-minute video reveals MIT AgeLab's insights to help plan participants overcome key retirement challenges. Share it with plan sponsors and participants.
- Download plan participant (client) and advisor worksheets in the Resources sections
- Contact your Hartford Funds Advisor Consultant about about how to use this material with plan sponsors and participants.
- Want to learn how to apply these insights to your practice? Send us your email.
Resources to Use with Clients
12017 Hot Topics in Retirement and Financial Wellbeing, aon.com
The MIT AgeLab is not an affiliate or subsidiary of Hartford Funds.