Tech & Retirement
For the next generation of retirees, one question will trump all others: How do you add life to longer lives? As people live longer, and spend more time in retirement, the challenge will be to get more out of those years. How do you find a rewarding second career? How do you stay close with friends and family? How do you maintain independence and mobility? How do you embrace new experiences?
Tech Adds Life to Longer Lives
The answer: technology. With the advent of smartphones and constant connectedness, a new peer-to-peer, on-demand economy has emerged. With a simple swipe or tap of an app, information and services are available at our fingertips.
5 Ways Tech Will Change Retirement
This new economy of connections is what will enable us to live fuller lives as we age, and it touches five important aspects of our lives:
- Technology-Driven Transportation Will Help Us Stay Mobile
- It Will Be Easier to Work and Earn Income Longer
- We’ll Be Better Able to Maintain Our Social Network as We Age.
- Apps to Help Us Age in Place
- Technology Will Monitor Our Health at Home
- A new array of devices and services that will make it easier for your aging clients to work, stay healthy, live at home and remain connected to friends and family
- The opportunity for advisors to become longevity specialists. Longevity specialist advice goes beyond investment and planning alone to focus on the income that will be necessary to address specific needs in later life. Moreover, a longevity specialist serves as a connector between clients and trusted, vetted services that provide solutions to the jobs of longevity.
- Practical ideas to help your clients experience the capabilities these new apps and devices.