Fear, Finance & the High Anxiety Client
In the aftermath of the financial crisis, investors have enjoyed a long bull market with only a few market corrections. But volatility can be unpredictable. It can spike when bad news surges, resulting in heightened fear and anxiety among investors. Just as a good doctor knows how to treat the whole patient, rather than just a condition, financial advisors must be prepared to actively address how their clients feel as well as how they invest.
- How client anxiety affects financial planning and the advisor-client relationship?
- 3 symptoms of investor anxiety
- 6 ways for advisors to respond when clients show symptoms of high anxiety
John Diehl, senior vice president at Hartford Funds, explains how to apply higher-functioning thinking when clients are panicking.
- Download the Fear, Finance and The High Anxiety Client white paper
- Contact your Hartford Funds Advisor Consultant about strategies to address anxious clients' concerns
- For more information, provide your email address and we'll contact you
John Diehl is a registered representative of Hartford Funds Distributors, LLC.