Many investors hurt their long-term results by making a series of emotional decisions in response to the latest crisis or hot trend, e.g. geopolitical worries, cryptocurrencies, or Fed moves. They think changing their portfolio will help them avoid losing money or make a quick gain.
Learn tips from Annie Duke about how to help clients stop reacting to these market scenarios that tempt them to change strategy by teaching them how to envision them before they occur. She combines her experience as a professional poker player with some of the most advanced thinking on decision-making that integrates psychology, economics, and neuroscience.
Then, when clients experience market scenarios in the future that tempt them to change their strategy, they’ll be more prepared and more likely to stick to their plan, not calling you in a panic.
- Why clients may second-guess an investment strategy when they don’t like the outcome
- How mental time travel can help clients improve their decision making
- How pre-commitment contracts can help clients avoid rash decisions and strengthen your relationship
- Download a copy of our client brochure below
- Choose 3 clients and help each of them create a Ulysses Contract
- Talk to your Hartford Funds advisor consultant about planning a Back From the Future client event
Annie Duke is a World Series of Poker bracelet winner, the winner of the 2004 Tournament of Champions and the only woman to win the NBC National Poker Heads Up Championship. As a decision strategist, she merges her poker expertise with her cognitive psychology graduate work at the University of Pennsylvania. She focuses on improving decision making and critical thinking skills, and developing individual and cultural supports to overcome cognitive bias.
Annie Duke is not an affiliate or subsidiary of Hartford Funds.