Clients have been told a certain story of what aging should look like. And for a long time, they’ve bought into an “old age” story filled with leisure and relaxation. But what if clients’ thoughts about aging changed? What if one day, they woke up and realized things could change if they wanted them to? They didn’t have to live a vision of old age that was created years ago. Their later years could actually be anything that they want.
- Where the traditional idea of “Old Age” came from
- How clients view “Old Age” today
- How clients can create their new story
Audio Overview: Retiring the "Old Age Story" (02:18)
John Diehl, sr. vice president at Hartford Funds, explains why clients need a new story for retirement
- Download a copy of our client brochure below
- View or email a client website article on this topic to clients
- After you've reviewed the client brochure, begin identifying the retirement stories of friends, family, and clients. Share these stories with clients who are trying to figure out their retirement story.
The MIT AgeLab is not an affiliate or subsidiary of Hartford Funds. 211470