Discover A Simple Strategy To Help Enhance Your Business And Your Life
We all have the same 24 hours in a day, so why is it that some people seem to carry out their priorities with ease, while others struggle to maintain their focus?
The Culprit: Distractions
No matter how much you want to accomplish your biggest priorities, life's neverending distractions can quickly derail your plans. Unscheduled phone calls, a barrage of emails, impromptu meetings, random visits from clients or coworkers... these are just some of the things that can disrupt your day. When they do, it can take an average of 25 minutes1 for you to get back on track. Your priorities can end up being neglected, and you might feel like you've accomplished very little.
Distractions Are Inevitable, But Also manageable
Common distractions typically don't require immediate attention, but they're also difficult to resist. Unfortunately, self-discipline and willpower alone aren't enough to guard us against them.
But if you have the right system in place, you can resist distractions and help ensure that you accomplish your top priorities for the day. This will also help you create a clear boundary between work and play, allowing you to be fully present with the people and things that are important to you when your work is done.
Learn how to:
- Own your morning by committing 14 minutes a day to plan your schedule
- Control the chaos of your day using the Ivy Lee method to determine top priorities and remain focused
- Dedicate your evening to what matters most as a result of your distraction-proof planning and execution
- Get the advisor worksheet below
- For the next two weeks, use the worksheet to establish your top-six daily priorities and create your plan for completing them
1 2 Common Workplace Distractions and How You Can Stay Focused Anyway, entrepreneur.com, 3/22/19