Hartford Funds Distributors, LLC - Social Media
Thank you for visiting Hartford Funds through our online communities, which are designed for you to learn more about our firm and our human centric investing research and insights, while helping to strengthen client relationships and better address investors’ varying mindsets. We encourage you to share, discuss and discover content and welcome your comments and questions but please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Stay on topic: Your comments should be relevant to the topic presented. Please don’t post commercial messages, marketing materials or other types of “spam” and don’t post the same message multiple times.
- Don’t post personal information: Never share personal or account information. If you have customer service questions or other concerns, please contact us directly at 800-456-7526.
- Be kind and respectful: We encourage differences of opinion but please be respectful and don’t post comments that are unlawful, obscene or could be deemed objectionable, or that harass, abuse, defame, bully or threaten others.
- Third-party information/sites: Please ensure you have permission to post any content that is protected under copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws. Hartford Funds is not responsible for and does not endorse any third-party sites or content that may be shared or linked to on our social media pages. You should review the privacy and security policies of each third-party site you visit.
- No recommendations, endorsements or advice: Please do not recommend or advocate for or against any specific security, service, strategy or investment or indicate how well or poorly you’ve done with your investments.
- License to use your content: By posting on Hartford Funds’ social media pages, you grant us the right to use or reproduce your content. In addition, any unsolicited ideas or suggestions posted will automatically become the property of Hartford Funds, without limitation and with no obligation to compensate you.
- Removal of posts: We reserve the right to remove any comments or posts that violate these guidelines or any other applicable terms and conditions, rules or laws. We may also block users who violate these guidelines. Please refer to Inappropriate or Offensive Content below for more information.
The Facebook pages as well as the Twitter and LinkedIn accounts are maintained by Hartford Funds Distributors, LLC, a registered broker-dealer (HFD). The information posted to these accounts and pages by HFD represents the views of HFD as of the date of posting and are subject to change without notice.
Any opinions, statements, or views posted by users on our social media pages are the communications of the persons posting them and they are not endorsed or adopted by Hartford Funds and do not represent the views of Hartford Funds or its parent company, The Hartford. These views also may not be representative or indicative of other users. Those users that have a business relationship with Hartford Funds may have an obligation to disclose that relationship in their posts.
Hartford Funds is not affiliated with Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn or any of their affiliates. Hartford Funds does not expressly or implicitly adopt or endorse any of the expressions, opinions, or content posted by any user or third-party. Hartford Funds does not control, adopt or endorse any advertising, messages or content that these social media platforms may publish on their sites or on the Hartford Funds’ accounts/pages. Hartford Funds does not adopt or endorse any products, services, advertisements, recommendations or statements, or any other content that may appear on these social media platforms or any of their affiliated sites. No part of Hartford Funds’ social media pages/accounts should be considered investment advice or a recommendation or offer for or about any particular strategy, security, service or investment product. Hartford Funds does not provide investment, tax, legal or any other advice. Hartford Funds’ social media sites are intended for U.S. persons only.
HFD is not able to process any financial transactions (mutual fund purchases, exchanges, redemptions, transfers, etc.) through Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. If you would like to process a fund transaction for Hartford Funds, please contact your financial advisor.
Inappropriate or Offensive Content
HFD retains sole discretionary rights relating to the content posted on its Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn accounts and reserves the sole right to review, edit and/or delete comments or content for any reason including, but not limited, to the following:
- Abusive or hurtful comments about other individuals in the online community or deliberately inflammatory remarks about Hartford Funds, its staff or affiliates.
- Off-topic comments which includes promotion of events, groups, pages, Web sites, organizations and programs not related to or affiliated with HFD or Hartford Funds.
- Comments that use inappropriate or derogatory language including but not limited to any comments regarding a protected class.
- Personal attacks or defamatory statements or comments that seek to offend rather than address the topic being discussed or contribute to the general conversation/community.
- Comments that violate the privacy of our clients and / or staff.
- Content that may violate the intellectual property rights of HFD, any HFD affiliate or of any third party.
- Comments that violate any federal or state law or regulation.
The Hartford®, HartfordFundsTM, the related logos, and combinations of the foregoing are registered trademarks of Hartford Fire Insurance Company. All other trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos and icons, registered or not, are the property of The Hartford, Hartford Funds or third parties which may be indicated. Other materials, including video, sound recordings and images, on these social media sites are a copyright of or proprietary to The Hartford and/or Hartford Funds or are used with the consent of the owner. The contents of these social media sites are protected by copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws of the U.S. or in some instances, foreign laws. Unauthorized use may violate copyright, trademark and other laws
Links from the social media sites to a non-Hartford site may be provided for users' convenience only. The Hartford or Hartford Funds do not control or review these sites nor does the provision of any link imply an endorsement or association of such non-Hartford sites. The Hartford or Hartford Funds are not responsible for and make no representation or warranty regarding the contents, completeness or accuracy or security of any materials on such sites. If you decide to access such non-Hartford sites, you do so at your own risk.